Ouro Verde started to look for a business solution that would integrate seamlessly to their Microsoft ERP and thus started evaluating alternatives globally. After numerous benchmarks, case visits abroad and some proofs of concepts, Ouro Verde decided to use the industry leading technology and extensive functionality offered by Microsoft and Annata. They decided to define the strategy and have a centralized management for vendors and own teams, involving Annata and service vendors from Chile and Brazil.
The project strategy was defined on two major phases: Process Definitions (AS-IS and TO-BE) and Project Implementation. As Ouro Verde defined the project from business perspective and not from technical solution, they decided to avoid “turn- key” go-live strategies to avoid operational risks as it was a huge culture and process transformation. Thus the Project implementation phase was also broken in three separated go-lives:
- Asset Management Transformation – although it was a horizontal approach covering many different processes and departments, it was focused on back office processes and avoided changes on customer facing solutions, limiting the scope and mitigating risks. This strategy enabled elimination of most Sales, Procurement and Billing legacy systems and enabled important revenue improvement actions.
- Operations Transformation – after the company (users and IT teams) were used to the new solution on the previous phase, it was time to address the customer sensitive processes and most risky ones, since Ouro Verde provides service SLA’s for customer’s fleet maintenance and availability with more than 4.000 maintenance service providers nationwide. That means not only changing legacy fleet and maintenance solutions, but also call center, B2B and B2C Web Portals. Headquarters and more than 15 subsidiaries were involved on this phase.
- ERP Upgrade for Finance Processes – After the company was fully running on the new solution, the last phase was to address Finance back office solution, upgrading the Dynamics AX ERP to the latest 2012 version and thus fully obtain the benefits of having and end-to-end solution on a single platform.
There were a huge company’s cultural change by this technology transformation. The standardization of business processes, better access and control of information prepared the company for growth and brought these important business benefits:
- Due to the sophisticated rules for managing contracts and measuring asset usage, one of the biggest paybacks is a consequent increase in revenue due to higher assertiveness on fleet billing.
- The solution enabled company’s new product and source of revenue – fleet management services for third- party customer fleets.
- The new platform has made the company more competitive in the market, obtaining an incredibly contracts renewal rate in 2016, higher than the segment average.
- Pricing assertiveness for fleet management and rental proposals, based on real asset TCO (acquisition, maintenance and re-marketing) as it`s now much effective to track and calculate due to the single platform across different departments.
- Shorter time-to-market for commercial proposals due to the sales funnel management and version and reuse of information.
- Integrated management of procurement, customization, and delivery of assets to clients, ensured that the asset would be delivered within the time promised and exactly as stated in the signed proposal, avoiding delivery errors.
- Reduction of customer complaints and more assertive cash-flow due to billing disputes, whether by service billing or vehicle delivery.
- Integration between CRM and Contracts has made it possible to move the services on the Web (B2B Portal and Mobile App), improving customer satisfaction and reducing back office costs..
- Main back offices reduction due to processes standardization and tasks automation
- Robust pavement for aggressive growth, enabling management of hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the next years without having to worry about technology platform.